About Userful Corporation: A World Leader in Zero Client Software and Cloud Management Solutions
A World Leader in Zero Client Software & Cloud Management Solutions
Userful is the trusted provider of cloud-managed zero client computing software with close to 1 million seats of its solution sold, and millions of daily users in over 100 countries. The foremost expert in Linux shared computing, Userful has more than 10 years experience in MultiSeat solutions, and has specialized expertise in large scale deployments. In the ICT for Education sector, Userful is the software powering the world's largest digital inclusion effort in Brazil. By deploying over 500,000 Userful MultiSeat computer stations in over 50,000 schools, the Brazilian Ministry of Education saved 60% in up-front costs, and 80% in annual power savings.
A History of Innovation
We Believe that Desktop Computing Can Be Better.
Tim Griffin started Userful in 1999 with a very simple premise, that desktop computing could be a lot better, and a lot easier. After spending numerous hours setting up new employees with computers, programs, anti-virus software, and spending thousands of dollars on hardware, licensing and missed productivity, Tim thought that there just had to be a better way. Thirteen years later and there are millions of users world wide who agree. The company has seen growth from the education sector, public computing, hospitality, military, SMBs and retail, and is positioned as the leading expert in the world on large scale Linux virtual desktop, zero-client, multiple seat deployments.
Over the last few years, the company has partnered with some of the world's leading OEMs to bring Userful's innovative zero-client multiseat software to a wider market. Userful's groundbreaking software technology opens new revenue opportunities for OEMs in digital signage, kiosks and interactive touch displays, VDI, cloud computing, in-flight and in-room entertainment systems, casino gaming systems, government connectivity projects, schools, and universities.
Userful Software = Opportunity. Innovation. Cost Savings.
- Save 100s of hours of IT time, cost & headaches: Anyone can set up and manage a fleet of desktop computers or endpoints, easily. Adding stations is easy, just plug and play.
- Upfront cost savings in hardware: Turn 1 PC into 20+ computing stations connected through zero clients via Ethernet or USB. Fewer maintenance tasks, and fewer cables and electrical outlets.
- High Performance: Less than half the cost of conventional thin clients, the zero client devices powered by Userful MultiSeat offer a richer and more responsive user experience, including flawless playback of 20+ simultaneous full screen 720p video streams from a single standard PC.
- Independent stations located anywhere: Users can work simultaneously on different applications from the same host computer, and be located at multiple places within the network (LAN).
- Applications for different markets: Allows OEMs the flexibility to expand their current customer base by accessing significant new markets with devices that out-perform and compete in any conventional thin-client environment, but at a lower price.
- Significant electricity savings: Pay for the computers in power savings alone in 3 years or less, and reduce environmental heat and noise at the same time.
- Cloud Management for an easy, low-cost, secure, and turnkey solution: Customize, control, and monitor thousands of computer stations from a simple administration website.
- Choice of OS: Freedom to choose and switch between Linux or Windows™ desktops with the click of a button.
A Global Community Built on Trust
Userful is headquartered in Calgary, Canada, with offices in Latin America as well as South Asia, and partners in communities around the world. Building great relationships, whether with customers, partners, the Open Source community, OEMs or with our employees around the world, is all part of the Userful brand. Userful is built on communities, and believes in their mission: to connect the world through sustainable desktop computing.
The cost of hardware is simply much lower when you are using Userful Multiplatform.
–Juan Carlos Mamani, Technical Expert
San Calixto School, Bolivia
Userful's centralized management tool is very easy, user-friendly and powerful. Coupled with a great end product and a very capable support staff, the Userful Desktop solution is something we're very pleased with all around.
– Darryl Hansen, Director of IT
Canalta Business Group
I decided there had to be a better way and that's when I found Userful.
– Norman Langlois, General Manager
Yours is an outstanding corporation when it comes to customer service. I wish all the companies we deal with would follow your model.
– Robert F. Fisher, Interim Director,
Robeson County Public Library
I can confidently forward any support issues to one location and expect a friendly company to respond with equal parts accountability and innovation. I am very pleased with our relationship with Userful.
– Nathanial Rasmussen, Computer Systems Administrator
Schlow Centre Region Library
We are excited to work with Userful on the development of drivers and Multiplatform software solutions that enable the use of our USB virtual graphics on a robust open-source platform. The performance and ease of use of the Userful MultiSeat software running on DisplayLink technology enabled devices is outstanding. As the leader in USB virtual graphics, DisplayLink is excited to be a part of the super easy way to set-up and run computer sharing.
–Dennis Crespo, Executive Vice President
Marketing and Business Development